Over the last three weeks it’s been OILS, OILS, and OILS! My hope is that you have gained insight on how amazing they are and learned the basics for incorporating them into your daily routine. This week we are going to look at specific everyday conditions and the Young Living essential oils recommended as well the oil “recipes” that can be used.
Top 5 Everyday Conditions & Oily Recipes
1. Allergies – ahhhhh choooo! Yes, who can relate to the sneezing, watery eyes, itchy skin, trouble breathing and constant brain fog?!?! I know this personally since moving to the South and dealing with the pollen in the spring. Now, normally you might be running for the Zyrtec or Claritin, however, I’m going to say STOP! What if I told you that you could breath easy and never pop a pill???? Believe me when I tell you that Young Living Lavender, Peppermint and Lemon essential oils really work, not only do I use this combo in coconut oil but you can also try the following options as well!
2. Insomnia – Do you miss those sweet dreams? Are you tossing and turning at night? Is your mind on full speed ahead, too many thoughts, so little time? Insomnia is such a common problem for young and old, it has been said that there is quite a decrease in the production of melatonin after the age of forty. It can be caused from dysfunction from areas of the body, such as the liver, heart, thyroid, hormones or conditions such as depression. If you suffer from insomnia I ask you to consider the following essential oils, my picks would be Lavender and Peace & Calming, as when they are inhaled or diffused aromatically the fragrance can stimulate the limbic system and bring about a sense of calm over the mind which can help you finally get a good night sleep.
3. Eczema – Being a new mom, I have talked to several moms whose children have had an issue with eczema. To be honest, I was surprised as I had only known adults with this condition. Fact is, it is the most common skin condition from baby to elderly. It is inflammation of the skin and can be caused from several factors, such as diet, allergies, toxic product usage, etc… To look at eczema there is red, flaky, itchy, dry skin which if you ask anyone whose had it they will tell you is VERY uncomfortable. The following Young Living essential oils, my picks would be Lavender & Geranium, when applied topically to skin (neat or with a carrier oil) can be cleansing, soothing, regenerate skin tissue and reduce inflammation.
4. Headache – Does your world stop when you feel that pounding and pressure? As I’m prone to tension headaches, I know all to well how they can just turn a day from good to bad very quickly. Of course there are several types of headaches that can strike at any time, such as migraine, cluster and sinus. If you are one to get any of these types of headaches think back to the last one you had, how did you feel? Would you have done anything for it to just go away? Conventional medications, whether over the counter or prescription, are usually a first line of defense, however, those can take hours to work and usually cause side effects such as drowsiness and upset stomach. Who wants to wait and deal with all that?? The everyday schedule of life must keep going. Since I started using Young Living essential oils PanAway, Valor and Peppermint in a blend of coconut oil keep me armed and ready for when those tension headaches happen.
5. Inflammation – Sore, tired, fatigued muscles? I’m sure most of you can relate to this. Whether its in the back, neck, shoulders, arms, or legs to pin point what is causing it can be tough as inflammation can be due to several issues such as diet, hormones, injury and infections. The goal in using Young Living essential oils for this condition is to reduce the inflammation. In my opinion, this is one of many ways to reduce inflammation and suggest that you also look at your diet – types of food your eating, side effects of medications you may be taking, toxic products you may be using on yourself or in the home. The Young Living essential oil recommended for this condition is German Chamomile. Additionally, I have personally used Copaiba and Lemongrass with great success!
Are you ready to take the leap now? Hopefully my list has shown you how they can have an amazing, healthy impact on your life. If you’d like more information on Young Living and/or how to become a Distributor (discounted oils and shipping) click HERE.
Remember you design your days, so make each one count!
Do you suffer from any of these conditions?? After reading this post, would you consider using Young Living essential oils?? I’d love to hear your stories and feedback in the comments below.
Reference: Essential Oils Pocket Reference, Fifth Edition – May 2011 – Life Science Publishing
Disclaimer: The information shared with you is based on life experience, facts and research. As I am not a doctor, nor play one on TV, I advise you to consult with your physician when it comes to information listed above as it is not intended to diagnose, prevent or cure any sickness or disease. Additionally, I will not be held liable for any loss or damages. Thank you!