Ahhhhhhhh, another glorious week is here and the hot topic of conversation is yet again – essential oils. However this week we will focus on blends. If for some odd reason you missed my outstanding post from last week about essential oil basics and my top 5 essential oils – singles, you can read it HERE.
What exactly are blends? Here is the technical terminology taken from the Essential Oils Pocket Reference (which by the way every person should own if using Young Living essential oils!) – “…blends that were formulated after years of research for both physical and emotional health. Each of these blends is formulated to maximize the synergistic effect between various oils chemistries and harmonic frequencies. When chemistry and frequency coincide, noticeable physical, spiritual, and emotional benefits can be attained.” That pretty much sums it up, I couldn’t have said it better myself. So, let’s get on to my list…
My Top 5 Essential Oils – Blends
1. Stress Away – Ok, who here deals with stress on a DAILY basis???? If it’s not work, it’s the family or the dog or the people you drive behind or the clerk in the grocery store and on and on. Well, this blend is known to bring peace and tranquility, it relieves everyday stress and promotes relaxation. It can be used by adults and children.
Now the important part, what’s in it? Copaiba (Copaifera reticulata), Lime (Citrus aurantifolia), Cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica), Vanilla (Vanilla planifolia), Ocotea (Ocotea quixos), Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
Our family diffuses it so we take it in aromatically (sometimes kick it up a notch with some drops of lavender added), mostly in the evening and sometimes during the day. Absolutely the most heavenly smell to it! We also us it topically for back pain, headaches and on temples and back of neck to relieve stress. Click HERE for more info.
2. Purification – It cleanses, it neutralizes, it disinfects, its just downright AWESOME! This blend is versatile as it can be used on the body or for the household. From cuts and bug bites, to mildew and offensive odors, this blend can take care of it. It can be used by adults and children.
Now the important part, what’s in it? Citronella (Cymbopogon nardus), lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus), rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis), Melaleuca (Melaleuca alternifolia) lavandin (Lavandula x hybrida), and myrtle (Myrtus communis)
Our family uses it topically for glowing skin, acne breakouts and mosquito bites, takes out the itch and reduces the swelling. We diffuse it to clean the air, especially after cooking with strong odors like fish or onion. Click HERE for more info.
3. Valor – I have to say that this blend is a MUST HAVE! It is known for its strengthening qualities – balance and alignment as well as increasing positive feelings – courage, confidence, self-esteem. From back pain and spinal alignment to sleepless nights and snoring to headaches and anxiety, this blend has got you covered. It also has been used in the treatment of ADHD and TMJ. It can be used by adults and children.
Now the important part, what’s in it? Spruce (Picea mariana), rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora), blue tansy (Tanacetum annuum) and frankincense (Boswellia carteri) in a base of coconut oil
Our family uses it in pain cream and applied directly to the temples and back of neck for headaches. Click HERE for more info.
4. Thieves – This oil blend has quite the story, dating back to the 15th century. Thieves, who would rob the bodies of the dead, would cover themselves in oils to avoid getting the plaque. In 1997, researchers studied the effects of these oils and found them to be a killing force against microorganisms. This blend is known for its antiviral and antibacterial properties. It can be used by adults and children.
Now the important part, what’s in it? Clove (Syzygium aromaticum), lemon (Citrus limon), cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum), Eucalyptus radiata and rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis CT 1,8 cineol).
Our family diffuses it to clean the air, especially after a sickness. We also apply it topically for colds and coughs. I use it for oil pulling, only one drop is needed. Additionally, I add a couple drops to my household cleaners to give them an extra boost. Click HERE for more info.
5. Oola Balance – OO LA LA, this is becoming one of my favorite blends. The Oola Guys partnered with Young Living to create several essential oils to promote wellness. This specific blend is emotionally centering and allows you to focus on passions and behaviors.
Now the important part, what’s in it? Lavender (Lavandula Officinal), Frankincence (Boswellia Carteri), Ocotea (Ocotea Quixos Lauraceae Leaf), Sandalwood (Santalum Album), Ylang Ylang (Cananga Odorata), Orange (Citrus Auranium), Angelica (Angelica Archangelica), Geranium (Pelargonium Graveol), Hyssop (Officinalis), Sage (Lavendulifolia), Spruce (Picea Mariana), Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum), Bergamot (Coumarin Free), Lemon (Citrus Limon), Jasmine (Jasminum Absolute), Roman Chamomile (Chamaemelum Nobile), Palmarosa (Cymbopogon Martinii), Rose (Rosa Damascena), Balsam Fir (Abies Balsamea), Myrrh (Commiphora Myrrha), Cistus (Cistus Ladanifer), Spikenard (Nardostachys Jataman), Blue Spruce (Picea Pungens)
Our family diffuses this oil, usually in the evening to eliminate stress and promote relaxation. Also applied topically to sun damaged/brown spots on the skin. Click HERE for more info.
As I discussed in my post last week, which you can read HERE, after researching essential oils for over a year, Young Living stood out as the right choice for my family. I chose them because I truly believe in their quality, 100% pure using the Seed to Seal process. I believe you get what you pay for in life and knowing that I use these for health related purposes, as you can see from above, I only wanted to use the best. Additionally, since being part of the Young Living family it goes much deeper than that. I have met some amazing and inspiring women, helped family and friends treat problems and conditions and I’ve heard testimonies on everything from weight loss, ADHD/ADD, autism, parkinsons, cancer and PTSD. Remarkable stories. In future posts we’ll talk more about specific conditions, disorders and diseases.
If these oils listed above are something you want to try, I highly recommend becoming a Young Living Distributor. Not only do you get 24% off the price listed on the website, you also can earn points towards more oils and get discounted shipping. On top of that four out of five of these come in the Premium Kit which is where you get the most bang for your buck as there are ten oils offered in this kit! Click HERE to start the process!
Remember you design your days, so make each one count!
Do you have a favorite essential oil blend? If so, what do you use it for? I’d love to hear your stories and feedback in the comments below.
Reference: Essential Oils Pocket Reference, Fifth Edition – May 2011 – Life Science Publishing
Disclaimer: The information shared with you is based on life experience, facts and research. As I am not a doctor, nor play one on TV, I advise you to consult with your physician when it comes to information listed above as it is not intended to diagnose, prevent or cure any sickness or disease. Additionally, I will not be held liable for any loss or damages. Thank you!