Hello my lovely readers!
Fall is here!!! Cooler weather, leaves turning colors, pumpkins, sweaters, the list can go on and on.
Yet our focus this week is on deodorant?? No matter what the season we all wear deodorant or antiperspirant EVERYDAY!
There are so many brands to choose from, right? You see the commercials of the most popular brands then you walk in the store and just assume that what’s on the shelf is safe. Well you would be very surprised or maybe not at what exactly you are putting under your arms. So, here are my top 5 facts about deodorants and antiperspirants…
Top 5 Deodorant & Antiperspirant Facts
1. Aluminum – Seriously BAD STUFF! Found as the ACTIVE ingredient in antiperspirants, as seen in the photo below. It is a METAL, that is being applied to skin to block the sweat pores. Yeah, no thank you! It is has been linked to BREAST CANCER and ALZHEIMER’S. Google it. You’ll see websites, studies, actual testimonies from people who have been affected by this known CARCINOGEN & NEUROTOXIN. It is best to avoid this ingredient all together.
2. All The Other Chemicals – Just the fact that it says chemicals plural should be ALARMING! This includes PARABENS, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, FRAGRANCE, PHTHALATES, TRICLOSAN. These can be found in the ingredients of not only antiperspirants but also deodorants. Click HERE to read more details about these chemicals. Curious aren’t you? Go ahead, go get your deodorant or antiperspirant. Take a look at what you are putting on your body!
3. Target Market – Ever wonder why there are brands for women and brands for men? Is it really necessary? If I’m not mistaken, it’s all used for the same purpose. The companies that produce these major brands realize that we are a visual society, that color and shape are what appeals to us as consumers more so than the actual ingredients used to make the product. Don’t be FOOLED! THE INGREDIENTS ARE WHAT MATTER THE MOST!
4. We LOVE Sweat – Did you know you have over two million sweat glands? Amazing, right? Just think about all the TOXINS that are being FLUSHED OUT of your system when you sweat. It’s internal cleaning. Think about that last workout or run and how great it felt when you were done. Is it unsightly? Yes. Is it messy? Yes. BUT SWEATING IS REFRESHING!!! Now, the key to underarm sweat is to keep the odor at bay. Sweat itself has no odor, it is the skin bacteria that mixes with the sweat that causes the body odor. There are SEVERAL natural ingredients that can STOP that body odor, such as aluminum free baking soda, arrowroot and tea tree oil. So, go ahead, keep sweating away, we’ve got you covered!
5. Ava Anderson Non-Toxic Deodorant – IT REALLY WORKS! It is been a staple in our home and one of the most sought after Ava products. This product is highly hand crafted – hand cut, measured, prepared, poured and capped in Rhode Island where this amazing company it based! The SHORT list of SAFE & EFFECTIVE ingredients make this the BEST CHOICE!
The toxic burden that we are putting our bodies through on a daily basis can be changed. You CAN choose safer and effective products that are HEALTHY for you!
This is why I LOVE my Ava Anderson Non-Toxic products, FREE from harmful chemicals! If you are interested in learning more about Ava Anderson Non-Toxic and/or are ready to try these safe, organic, effective products for yourself, your family, pet or home please click HERE!
Remember you design your days, so make each one count!
What ingredients did you find in your deodorant or antiperspirant? I’d love to hear your stories and feedback in the comments below.